Monday, June 10, 2013


POSTURE OF HEART


9 Hide Your face from my sins,

And blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,

And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Psalm 51:9-11

Today is one of those days where my soul yearns for the living and true God. My heart hurts. I feel like I failed him. The reason being is that lately my posture of heart has not been a humble one. It has been at times lofty, unkind and unloving. I have not been true to who God has called me to be – I have not been walking in his footsteps. Yesterday that manifested it’s self publicly at my church. I yelled at an elder (leader) for something that she did not do. I was being an accuser and as those of us that read the bible know, the “accuser” is the devil. For a while now I had been harboring feelings of resentment towards this elder and did not even realize it. I would try to avoid her and when I did have to speak to her it was quick and rash. My attitude towards her was ungodly.

After I become conscious of what I did and where I did it (during a lunch break on a Sunday afternoon full of congregants) I immediately felt terrible. It was like what did I just do? What is wrong with me? I not only shamed my name and God as being a reputable godly woman but also shamed my pastors (who are also my parents) and the church. I understood that I needed to reevaluate my heart and actions fast.

As I began to ponder on my actions, I comprehended that sometimes we harbor resentment, bitterness and un-forgiveness unconsciously in our hearts and it surfaces when you least expect it. Therefore, today’s post is about the posture and attitudes of our hearts. Let us take time to let God examine our hearts and the direction in which it is heading. You may be amazed at what you discover.

And so I pray…

Today I am asking you Lord Father God to forgive me for me sins, wipe them clean. Please create in me a clean and pure heart because only you know the depths of me. Remove from me all ungodly attitudes and postures of heart. Heal and remove all hurt, pain, bitterness, anger, resentment from me. Help me to be humble, forgiving and loving like you. To walk in your footsteps and be light wherever I go. Do not let me shame your name or be a vessel for the enemy but continue to search my heart O’ Lord and expose/make me aware of things that are blocking me from having a personal relationship with you. Be a guide to my life, I am yours, I need you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Be Blessed and Inspired,
~Ruthy <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment