Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Metamorphosis in "Marriage"?

Seems like lately the media is consumed with anti gay marriage and Christian “homophobes” or “haters”. Usually, I can read about these things and move on. However, lately this has struck a cord in my very being. The reason? I am a Christian and I am not for same sex marriage. This debate has torn many people apart because of beliefs and tradition. What I want to make clear is that not all Christians are gay bashers, haters or homophobes. Some of us just do not agree with same sex marriage but that does not make us “malicious”. In fact, a great deal of my friends are gay and are amazing human beings. Their sexual preference and lifestyle is private and not for me to judge. However, I do believe that the institution of “marriage” was made for a Man and Woman. “Marriage” between a man and woman was created and intended as something sacred & living right before the eyes of God. In fact, if you look up the word “Marriage” the definition it gives is “the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law and God”. I strongly feel that going against this is going against nature and what God intended. I am an open-minded individual but the fact is that for thousands of years this was the sole purpose of marriage all around the world. Who are we to change this tradition? Moreover, if we are to change it, why not change it completely? Again, I am not here to judge anyone’s sexual preference or lifestyle as everyone’s morals and beliefs is different. If the government indeed wants to allow same sex marriages than they should erase the word “marriage” and start giving out “union licenses”. If you want to change this tradition than I say change it completely.

Thoughts?....

No comments:

Post a Comment