The way you live your life does matter make the best of it
Through out my walk in life I realized that many of the things I have done or decisions I made effected how I felt about myself (good or bad). The bible says we will reap what we sow and many times, we sow seeds of destruction with our thoughts and actions. Below are some tips to live an uplifting life. Please note this is in no way a substitute for counseling or professional help for those that need it. However, it is sound biblical & personal advice for those that wish to live a more productive & power life.
- Power your Mind – Begin each day with positive thoughts. “Today will be a good day, no matter what”. A confident start usually leads to a positive constructive day.
- To thy self be true – Live a life of integrity and do not lie to yourself. If you know what you are doing is a bad choice than do not do it. Golden Rule: Do not do what will make you feel bad later, remember you reap what you sow. Make choices that you will be happy with afterwards. Begin to sow good seeds in your life.
- Visual Power – start paying attention to the type of books, movies, TV. shows and music you read, listen and watch. What may seem like a small thing is major. These “visuals” minister to us and we do not even realize it. What you focus on is what you become. If you’re into pornography than you will reap fornication, if you’re into violent films than chances are you will become violent. Start paying attention to what you are feeding your soul visually.
- Be Selective – be kind to everyone but don’t let everyone into your personal life/time. You do not need to spend your time with someone who is constantly whining, negative or bitter. Build friendships with people who are inspiring, uplifting and will help you grow. These are the type of friendships that will motivate you and even spark passion back into your life.
- Be Aware –The bible says in Philippians 4:8 “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise”. Start paying attention to the thoughts that you allow to “float” in your head. If they are negative thoughts of putting yourself down – Reject & Redirect (fix) them! Focus on all the positives in your life i.e. health, life, job, spouse etc. Keep your mind full of the word of God.
- Get rid of envy – Don’t compare your life to others. Your journey is not meant to be the same as your next-door neighbors, your best friend or your co-worker, etc. There is a reason why the bible says thou shall not covet. God does not want you to desire someone else’s life. He has already designed a perfect and unique plan for your life. Ask him to show you!
- Take control of your environment – Paint your home/favorite room a bright color (open your window!), buy flowers, and listen to uplifting music. Get rid of all that is negative i.e. clutter, dark rooms/music/books, “bad” food, etc. Spend time in the presence of God.
- Celebrate Yourself! – Any progress however small or big, take the time to enjoy and savior it. Tell the Lord how grateful you are for that “success” or “progress”, i.e. handling a difficult situation with a good attitude – celebrate that!
- Be Grateful! – As you celebrate yourself take the time out to thank God for all that you have. Do this everyday (whatever time works for you) and name ten things you are grateful for. i.e., food, hot water, shelter, good friend etc.
- Make a list of your accomplishment & review it – you can do this annually or every couple of months, whatever works for you. Remember your accomplishments don’t have to be the same as “Suzy Millionaire’s”. These are things that YOU are proud of i.e., you stopped cursing, weight loss, helped someone in need.
- Take a Load off – Relax & Trust God to handle your problem. The bible teaches us not to be anxious for anything but to present all things to him (Philippians 4:6). Live by his word! You will feel supernatural sense of peace and joy. Now that doesn’t mean make bad choices and expect God to bail you out; what this means is when you have a situation that is out of your reach except God’s hand to work in your favor.
- Learn something new – The bible speaks a lot on knowledge, wisdom & understanding (Book of Proverbs). Take time out to learn and understand new things. Be creative! You never know if you will discover a hidden talent that will lead you to a new path of unexpected success.
- Get out of your comfort zone – we can so easily get use to or adapt to certain situations/environments and than become scared to step out into the unknown. Stepping out of your comfort zone can be scary but also thrilling, a rush of life! It can be as simple as helping a total stranger, trying new food, volunteering your time at a local hospital or shelter.
- Serve others–The bible teaches us to love one another as ourselves and take one another’s burdens (Galatians 6:2). I like to call this “The Love Walk”. It means walking/acting in love and not just talking about it. You will be surprised how helping others can be so fulfilling. Whether it is assisting a single mother with her kids, opening the door/elevator for a stranger, carrying your elderly neighbor’s groceries or mowing their lawn, these small acts reap in huge blessings for your soul. You will learn the more you give of yourself to others the more YOU will be filled.
- Do something nice for yourself – we are not called to be martyrs so take time out for yourself as well. It can be as simple as getting a manicure, taking a nice long bath, buying a new dress, or taking a nice long walk, etc. This “you” time will re-freshen your spirit.
- Time well spent – Each day spend time doing something that brings you joy i.e., cooking, singing, reading the bible, etc. Even if it’s just 30 minutes, it’s the little things in life that can bring us great joy. Remember your joy is a gift from God and it is contagious.
- Get rid of clutter – I strongly believe a cluttered home is a cluttered mind. Get rid of all that isn’t needed in your home/life. Not only will you become more organized but also breathe life into your living space, mind, body and soul.
- Join a growth group or bible study group – Spend time growing in the word of God with others. Not only will you grow spiritually and have spiritual support but you will get to make great connections with other believers.
- Speak Victory over your life – This is one of the most powerful things you can do daily. The bible states in Proverbs 18:21 – “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love to talk will have to eat their own words”. Start speaking
LIFEover your very being and proclaiming God’s blessings over it, i.e., I am loved, I am a new creation, I am talented, I am physically, spiritually and mentally blessed, etc. You will see how the things you proclaim with your mouth start will begin to take form and become “life”.
- Love Your Creator – Take time everyday and spend it meditating on his word/promises and all the wonderful things he has done for you no matter how great or small. These thoughts of Love will inject life into your very being.
Rights reserved 2010 ©
Prohibited to copy without written permission.