Monday, May 20, 2013

Stripe Your Dots


Hi Loves,

Happy Monday, today is all about mixing prints!  

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I wanted to wear something cute, bright and comfortable.  I selected my red and white polka dot maxi dress, an inexpensive dress that I have owned for several years now.

Now I wanted to do something a little different that was not a white cardigan or white blazer. I found my white and red striped light cotton sweater and tried it on together and it worked. Mixing polka dot and stripes is a big trend right now but it also gives any outfit a bit of a pop with out trying to hard.

TIP: Whichever patterns you choose to mix (flower, stripes, polka dots, safari, etc…) make sure that at least one of the colors pulls from the other (See 2nd picture).

Go out experiment with pieces already in your everyday wardrobe and enjoy!
 
Be Blessed and Inspired,
 
XOXO~Ruthy
 








No comments:

Post a Comment