Thursday, August 22, 2013

30-day Challenge


30-day Challenge

Hello Lovelies!

Today’s post is a personal one and about a challenge that I made to myself.  All my life I have been overweight and have struggled with this. However, in the past 12 months, since having my second child, I decided to educate myself because all this diet fads were not working for me. I was even working out but still didn’t lose weight because you can’t outwork a bad diet. So for the past several months I have changed my diet to mostly plant based foods, because of this I lost 48lbs.  

I am so proud of this accomplishment because it was not through diet pills or a diet fad but through consistent clean eating and making right food choices every day.

Nonetheless, I hit a Plateau and needed to refresh my eating habits since I was starting to pick up old habits again. This is where the 30-day challenge comes in. I realized that I wasn’t pushing myself hard enough and I wasn’t acting like I wanted “it” bad enough. I gave myself a pep talk and decided to cleanse and purge myself for good from all the bad food habits I carried around for the last 33 years of my life. I challenged myself to eat and drink only fruits and vegetables for 30 days, be it in form of a smoothie, juice, cooked or raw fruit and vegetable. This was all I was going to allow my body to ingest.

Below is a little of how the past 4 days have been for me since the challenge began.

Day 1 – I felt good and strong. I made a mental and physical choice to push myself to new weight loss heights and transform my body and mind for good.

Day 2 – I felt exhausted and woke up super hungry even though I was drinking my juices and smoothies. I had a massive headache (body purging itself of all the additives and junk). I caved in around 3pm and had 2 coconut and almond KIND bars. Later on that night I had 2 bites of my husband’s pizza.

Day 3 – I woke up feeling strong again and not so hungry. I realized my mistake on day 2. I needed to ingest more WATER. I filled up on plenty of water and felt pretty full for the better part of the day. That is until I got home and my husband cooked white rice (he makes it so good!). I had a few bites of that and a Chobain yogurt with chocolate and almonds. I felt guilty but I wasn’t going to let that stop me.

Day 4 – I dusted myself off from last night’s “binge” and woke up feeling strong and determined to keep going. I also looked in the mirror and absolutely loved what I saw – Glowing skin, flatter tummy and tons of energy.  I had to get over my mental and physical (hunger pangs) hurdle and keep pressing forward.

The point of this is to show you that even though you fall off a day or two, KEEP GOING! Never give up! There is no progress without struggle. It has NOT been easy and very intense at times. I am constantly trying to renew my mind, I get lots of cravings but instead of reaching out to grab some potato chips or a chocolate bar, I grab a banana or a plum or apple.  It’s all about choices.  I hope this honest account of how my challenge has been going thus far inspires/motivates you to push yourself. It is never too late to start new healthy eating habits.
Jesus said to him, “If you can believe,[a] all things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23
 






~Ruthy Xxx's

No comments:

Post a Comment